Houston Metro Urology

Monday, December 21, 2015

A Non-Invasive Solution to an Enlarged Prostate (BPH)

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or more commonly known as (BPH), is a condition in which the prostate gland has enlarged over time and is non-cancerous. It is extremely common with over 70% of men in their 60’s having symptoms of BPH.
The enlargement of the prostate can lead to a number of problems. As the prostate gland enlarges, it pushes up against the urethra and bladder neck, which causes the urethra to pinch and restrict urine flow. This is called urinary retention and inhabits the bladder from completely emptying during urination. This can cause discomfort and many unwanted trips to the bathroom.  Fortunately, there is a non-invasive solution to this problem.



Houston Metro Urology offers a non-invasive procedure that opens the urethra and returns the normal flow of urine. The UroLift is a device implanted through the urethra that holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the flow of urine. Unlike many other treatments for BPH ,there is no heating, cutting, or any removal of prostate tissue. The procedure is performed by a urologist and can be done in a physician’s office under local anesthesia. Think of the UrolLift as a device that holds he prostate lobes apart like opening curtains to a window. (See below) Most patients usually go home within the same day and do not require a catheter.


Patients prefer UroLift because:


-Preserves sexual function

-Minimal downtime

-Do not want to undergo major surgery and risk the complications

- Results as soon as 2 weeks after the procedure


See what many patients of UroLift are saying below:


4 comments:

  1. I got Dr Johnson email address from an article I read about ways to help urination problems with BPH, and what the person said your drug combination does almost sounds to good to be true. but I'm at a point that I had to write him, and find out more. I have BPH, and have had since around mid 2013 as best I remember, but it's believed to partly due to nerve damage from a giant Tarlov Cyst on my S2 nerve root. We found the cyst on 7/2/14 after a 5 month hunt for the cause of what started out as severe dizziness, blurriness, and major headaches, and the hunt began on 2/2/14 which was the first day that I was unable to work, because I was a Truck Driver, and you can't drive an 80,000 pound rig when it feels like you're drunk all of the time, and that day was ultimatly the first day of my disability.I have taken different medications, but no solution, I take Alfuzosin 10 mg twice a day and for a great long time I had hardly any problems, and then it got to where if I didn't go within 10 to 15 minutes of the first feeling that I'm going to need to go soon I would end up sitting on the toilet for 45 minutes to an hour just releasing a little bit. so I contacted Dr Johnson, and I used his product for a month, but will always advice you take it for a month and half to get a complete cure. any one with similar issues can contact him on drjohnson958@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an informative blog that helped me to understand the importance of Non-Invasive Solution to an Enlarged Prostate. You can opt for find a urologist near me for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. prostatitis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these information your had wrote meaningful word and more about urethra. while talking about the physician we also have well trained doctor in new jersey Best Urologist in NJ

    ReplyDelete